Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Find Me a Burger

I think that living in the US for over 2 years now has taught me how to love and crave burgers. Growing up in Asia, I never really ate burgers as the main staple is rice and not bread. Moreover, as a Hindu, I don't eat beef and most burgers are made of beef. Finding burger places in DC that have a chicken, pork, turkey, lamb or fish option is harder than you think. For example, Five Guys only has cheeseburgers and hamburgers (confusing as it's beef and not ham?), Shake Shack only has beef burgers unless I want a completely vegetarian burger - the shroom burger.

Fortunately, a burger place opened up on 2121 K St. NW two months ago that serves beef, turkey and chicken burgers!! I got so excited so I headed down there this weekend. Its called Bobby's Burger Palace.



The concept of the place is cool - you 1) get in line, 2) get your order taken, 3) take a seat. Your food is then served to you, piping hot! 

The atmosphere is hip, bright and fun. The chairs are lime green, the tables and walls are neon shades of red, orange and brown and the art hanging on the walls are cartoonish paintings of fruits and vegetables. There were also these lantern lights dangling from the ceiling. The entire place was very unique, nothing I can compare it to... so you are going to have to check it out yourself!



Lantern Lights
I thought the food was good, but my expectations were higher due to the awesome decor. I ordered the Santa Fe Burger ($7.75) with a chicken patty. The burger consisted of the bun, chicken patty, queso sauce, pickled jalepenos and blue corn chips. This burger joint is cool as it gives you the option of getting your burger "crunchified!" I decided not to because my burger already had chips inside!

Santa Fe Burger
I also ordered a side of french fries ($3.00) which came with an AMAZING chipotle mayonnaise.


My friend ordered the Dallas Burger ($7.75) which consisted of the bun, a beef patty with a spice crust, coleslaw, Monterey Jack cheese, BBQ sauce and pickles

 Dallas Burger
He enjoyed it; however, he expected more from the mouth-watering description. He also ordered a side of beer battered onion rings ($3.00) which were delicious and HUGE! I have never seen onion rings served like this:

Huge Onion Ring!
We licked out plates clean...

The entire menu is extremely unique. For example, you can add goat cheese, watercress and random sauces to your burger just for kicks! If you are nervous to do that, there are plenty of different sauces conveniently placed on each table. I think I tried every single one!

5 comments:

  1. Okay YUM I definitely have to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goat cheese? Okay, I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Bobby's Burger Palace four times (twice in one weekend) and I can't get enough of it. Its a tough competition in my heart between Bobby's and Good Stuff Eatery, but because of the convenience, Bobby's has been my top choice lately. (Except the shakes at Good Stuff are way better, aka Toasted Marshmallow).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dying to go here but I refuse to go until someone in the department takes me out to lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alex Laska - Yes definitely go!!
    @Emmyseats - goat cheese always wins me over too!
    @christinafreundlich - FOUR times in ONE weekend? Wow you are obssessed! Which burger is your favorite?
    @Dr. Nikki Usher - They have a liquor license! So make a co-worker buy you a margarita too! I hear the frozen cactus pear margarita is good :)

    ReplyDelete