Total Pageviews

Monday, October 10, 2011

Bangkok Joe's

Rumors had it that this weekend was the last time there would be beautiful warm weather in the district. Consequently, I made sure to spend a large portion of my weekend outdoors. On saturday, a few of us decided to spend our afternoon at the Washington Harbor. We strolled down the boardwalk overlooking the Potomac River and basked in the sun. 
Saturday Afternoon at the Waterfront
For lunch we decided to eat at Bangkok Joe's, a Thai fusion restaurant located at 3000 K Street NW, DC 20007.

The restaurant had indoor and outdoor seating - we started off outdoors, but ended up getting too hot so we moved inside. The decor inside was interesting! There were dark brown wooden tables, white chairs, and accents of the color red highlighted throughout the restaurant. Scattered along the sides of the booths were these twisty silver and gold metal embellishments that reminded me of Oompa-Loompas!

Interior Design of Bangkok Joe's
Oompa-Loompa!
There was a very extensive menu which caused me to take ages to pick what I was going to eat! I love having tons of options to pick from but at the same time it stresses me out because I am indecisive and each dish looks better than the one I read about previously. It took me a while to even start the decision-making process as I couldn't decide whether I was craving rice, noodles or dumplings! I ended up getting a noodle bowl - stir-fried lomein noodles in a teriyaki sauce with grilled salmon and vegetables. Ended up being extremely satisfying.  

Grilled Salmon Noodle Bowl ($13.95)
 My friends ended up eating:
Drunken Noodles with Chicken ($9.95)
Basil Chicken Rice Bowl ($9.95)
I obviously had to try everyone's dishes and they were all amazing. Each dish was extremely flavorful incorporating the five fundamental tastes of Thai food: salty, sour, spicy, sweet and bitter.

As a Thai food lover, I am always on the look-out for new good restaurants. I highly recommend Bangkok Joe's as the food is great, portions are large, value is good and location is fantastic! 

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are great! There's nothing that hurts my inner foodie more than poor food photography on great food posts. The little man is a bonus - hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOMS. I love this place. Its absolutely delicous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @emmyseats - Thank you! I love my iphone :)
    @Sandi - It's so good! What did you order there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto great pictures. And I can't wait to go here!!

    ReplyDelete